Top 10 Best Water Bottles with the Most Awesome Features
If lately you’ve been into the market looking for a water bottle, then it is safe to assume that you’re probably going out on a camping trip or some outdoor activity where you will be needing water. And even if you’re not, we all need water to feel a bit more comfortable – especially on a hot day.
Whether you are searching for a new water bottle to take with you to the gym, go cycling or running, or simply ensure that you are drinking the commonly recommended 6 to 8 glasses of water per day, purchasing a recyclable bottle can ultimately save you more money.
There are a variety of water bottles worth investing because of their quality; all free from BPA (or Bisphenol A, according to research, a chemical compound used to produce certain plastics that can affect health if it penetrates into your water).
There are ways to determine which among the water bottles are the best and they range from ease-of-use, whether or not they leak in the bag, and how to maintain their cleanliness. We have discussed all these factors in this post and reviewed 10 of the best water bottles in the market.
So keep reading...
I. Why We Should Use Reusable Water Bottles – Important Facts
With so many people going to so many places with disposable bottles, there is a lot of garbage that is being generated everyday. As stewards of this planet, we are always hopeful that we can reduce our pollution.
One good way to reduce our impact is to use reusable water bottle. It will contribute a lot for recycling and efficient use of resources, and it’s one of those things that are very important in conserving the environment.
If you are one of those people who are concerned about how much waste you are throwing to the environment, then this is more reasonable for you to purchase a water bottle. You can fill your water bottle hundreds to thousands of times and you won’t be throwing it away for a very long time.
To ensure that you get the most benefit from this choice, find yourself the best water bottle. But how do you choose the best water bottle? That would be our next discussion. So continue reading...
II. Choosing a Water Bottle
There are just too many water bottles in the market today that it can be quite troublesome to choose among them. It is important to determine what the water bottle is for and how best to use it. A water bottle that is appropriate for running will be very different from the one you can put a hot drink in, and both will appear different from your choice.
Once you have identified what the water bottle is used for, the next thing you need to find is the capacity or appropriate size of bottle; one that matches your chosen activity. The capacity can be determined in either liters or fluid ounces, and usually measures between 16 and 32 ounces (approximately ½ liter to one liter).The most recent study estimates indicate that men must drink approximately three liters of water per day, while women must drink approximately 2.2 liters. During a strenuous physical activity like running, in general, you must drink approximately 4 to 6 ounces per 20 minutes.
Your water bottle’s shape will vary according to what you are using it for. Water bottles intended for running must be sufficiently slender to fit well in your hand. And water bottles for hiking will usually hold more fluid, and are thus bigger, but if you intend to put it in your pack’s side sleeve for easy access, ensure it is adequately slender to fit.
Water bottles come in various materials that provide benefits exclusively suited for various activities. Plastic water bottles, like the ones made by Nalgene, are extremely durable and take almost whatever mishandling you give them. And you may have heard or known about water bottles made out of plastic that contain BPA.
This chemical compound can seep into the water, and it’s been associated with diabetes and cancer. On the other hand, most plastic bottles sold today are free of BPA and are branded as such.
You will also find thermoses and stainless steel water bottles from brands such as Hydro Flask and Klean Kanteen, which offer more improved insulation than plastics, keeping cold beverages cold and hot drinks hot. However, they are also usually heavier and dent faster than plastic bottles.
These thermoses and water bottles include double-wall construction that provides them with exceptional insulating properties. The most excellent water bottles, such as those manufactured by Hydro Flask or Klean Kanteen, can keep your drinks cold or hot for an entire day.
Selecting a water bottle that features a nozzle could be perfect for situations wherein you have to drink while on the move, such as running or biking. Nozzles allow you to continue your activity without needing to stop to open the lid, and you will not be spilling and sloshing while attempting to drink out of a big-mouth bottle.
CamelBak, popular for their pack water systems, make amazing bottles with nozzles as well.
To run at your peak, you will have to remain hydrated, and buying the proper water bottle for your gear locker will guarantee enjoyable and safe outdoor adventures and exercise.
III. 10 Best Water Bottles
Contigo’s Auto Seal Cortland is a product of ingenuity and designed to provide convenience to those who are always on the go. The water bottle has an autoseal feature that enables it to close at the right moment.
- Has autoseal technology that automatically seals between sips, making it easier to use.
- Is manufactured from titan and BPA free (does not stain or retrieve odors) making it clean and safe for storing drinking water.
- The leak and spill proof feature ensures convenience while in use.
- The item may be a bit more expensive than less sophisticated types but it is worth the investment.
Brita’s soft squeeze bottle is perfect for the gym or if you are the outdoor type who revels in going on long hikes or walks. Being Brita, it certainly has a filter to lower impurities reaching your mouth. Though there is a little bit of setting up needed to get this working.
- It’s rather simple and easy to set up if you just follow the guidelines provided.
- There is a lid to prevent leakage in your bag as well and a hoop you can affix to your rucksack.
- Because of the filter, the water flows via the mouthpiece a bit slower, but it is an amazing bottle for active people who like drinking filtered water.
- You need to soak the filter in warm water for about one minute and put it in a section in the lid.
- The filter requires soaking every month to maintain its cleanliness.
Root 7 creates functional and stylish products such as this odd-looking drink bottle. Appearing as though a cocktail shaker, it’s made from stainless steel and comes various colors, but we love this copper-coloured one.
- The company claims to keep icy drinks cold for more than 20 hours and hot beverages hot for around 12, as tested and proven true true – the hot drink would still be drinkable a day later.
- The secure lid indicates that it is good to put it in your bag when you are out or to make of at work. It is dishwasher-proof as well.
- Some customers are having problems with some rolled up indentation marks at the side of the bottle although this may be caused by other factors other than the bottle itself.
Brimma Plastic Sports Water Bottle isn’t a brand that many people know, but you will immediately notice the well-designed and remarkably affordable Premium Sports Water Bottle. It is made of absolute BPA-free plastics, and features a flip-top lid which leak-proof and provides you with easy access to water whenever and wherever you want it.
- The Brimma, combined with a lightweight design, a quick-flowing spout, as well as a handy carrying strap, rightly earns its merit as a sports water bottle – ideal for carrying with you at the gym or on the go.
- At only 18 ounces, the product is on the tiny side but offers a perfect amount of water for folks concerned with bulk while minimizing footprint as well.
- The Brimma could be a bit expensive compared to equally sized water bottles, but seeing the highly useful leak-proof and well-designed flip-top lid and total quality construction, it’s well worth the rate.
CamelBak Chute Tritan Plastic Water Bottle, compared to the tiny sports water bottles you may have seen in the market, is sturdy with its striking 1-liter capacity. Regardless of its considerable capacity, the bottle’s design allows carrying a full amount of water with only the least amount of space. It is made of lightweight, hard-wearing Tritan plastic, and boasts of excellent portability and durability.
- The package features some excellent qualities, like the spout cap that retorts into the handle intended for easy drinking, as well as the ability to provide the cap with a simple turn to access the water.
- The sports cap has skillfully integrated the screw-on threads within, which means that you will never need to place your lips to the tack threads to have a drink, unlike other bottles.
- The bargain may be a bit more than other water bottles of its size although it does pay for a remarkably well designed, high volume bottle worth the price, and certainly one of 2016’s ideal plastic water bottles.
The Nomader Collapsible Silicone Water Bottle is relatively the same as the majority of collapsible bottles sold on the market, and the execution is particularly top-notch. Definitely a brand worth looking into!
- Made of highly flexible and durable silicone, the Nomader crumples up sufficiently small to put into the pocket but swells freely to hold 22 ounces of water.
- The Nomader bottle can be frozen, folded, hold drinks cold or hot, and takes in a snap-on cap to seal tightly.
- Some customers report seeing indention marks at the sides after one day of usage although such indentions may be caused by other factors as well.
This one-quart Nalgene water bottle includes a durable material free of BPA and an opening that truly works with the majority of water filters. Features take in ounce and milliliter markings and an easy-to-clean wide mouth that allows you to include ice cubes to your drink easily. And you will not have to worry about a taxing cleanup process because this bottle is dishwasher safe.
- Wide mouth opening for easy drinking.
- Durable material for longer use.
- BPA-free and safe to drink.
- Lid can soften in the dishwasher
- Can get rather heavy to carry
- Too large for many car cup holders
The MIRA is a vacuum insulated water bottle to keep your drinks cold or hot. It, in fact, can aid to keep your beverages cold up to 12 hours. The material is a sturdy 18/8 stainless steel, and the cap is phthalate and BPA -free. The water bottle, at 17 ounces, is sufficiently compact for easy transport but sufficiently large to hold your preferred drinks. The bottle will not sweat even though it is filled with ice. If you like a wider color choice and do not mind spending a little more, consider S’well Stainless Steel Water Bottle.
- 17-ounce capacity
- 18/8 stainless steel material
- Vacuum insulated
- Some prefer there were a tad more color selections
- Finish scratches easily
The water bottle is made of BPA-free and impact-resistant material. Its exceptional ergonomic design makes it comfortable to hold, while a comfy rotating meter makes the bottle easy to monitor your day-to-day consumption. This water bottle features an easy-to-open and hygienic push button sip lid. A flip-up carrying loop allows you bring it wherever you go. It can be difficult to fit ice cubes via the opening though.
- Push button sip lid
- Ergonomic design
- BPA-free material
- Some problems with the rotating meter
- Easy-to-lose rubber lid insert
- Could utilize more insulation
If you jump at the notion of drinking plain water, then consider the fruit infuser water bottle. Just slice up your preferred fruit, put the fruit pieces in the basket, and simply shake the bottle. Wait a couple of minutes and revel in the delicious flavored water. Also, the locking lid holds the contents securely, so you do not need to worry about spills and leaks. The water bottle is created from a durable BPA-free material.
- User-friendly design
- BPA-free material
- Locking flip-top lid
- Material feels rather flimsy
- Some find the flip top a bit confusing
- Large chunks of fruit can reduce water flow
IV. Final Thoughts
The bottom online is that you will need water wherever you go. But you may not have immediate access to water since we can’t just drink any kind of water – we need water that is clean and safe for drinking. We need those BPA water bottles to make sure we don’t get diseases.
Thus, it is awesome to have any one of those 10 best water bottles we reviewed in this section. Depending on your needs, you can choose one to several. My personal favorite is the Brita Blue Sports Water Bottle.
For me, the Brita soft squeeze bottle is the perfect way to have filtered water wherever I go because I am a sporty kind of guy. The use of small, reusable carbon filter to reduce sediment and chlorine taste, and odor, from approximately 40 gallons of water is easy with this item.
All you need to do in unscrew the cap, fill the bottle with water, and then squeeze the water through the carbon filter as you drink it. Not only does it give me great tasting water and help me save money, it also gives me the peace of mind that I need every time I go working out under the sun.
I hope you enjoyed this post and found it quite useful. If you did, then give it a like or share it with your friends. Which among the 10 best water bottles is your favourite? Please share your thoughts in the comments.